Skip to main content

Training for 2016 Great Aloha Run

Today I officially completed my registration for the Great Aloha Run.  Usually during the holiday season, since holiday eating could bring weight gain, I usually do more cardio/running.  This technique has helped me avoid excess holiday weight gain since I have to push myself to train for an 8 mile run.  This would be my 4th year training for the GAR.


So for the past 3 months I have been doing 20 minute jogs/runs around my neighborhood 3x a week.  Then in November I started pushing myself to do more longer runs.  I wasn't tracking it.  I was just going by how many blocks I do.  I have used the Runkeeper App to tracked my progress in the pass so I have been using it for my runs again.  This is app is great because it help me realize that my long run was about 1 mile.  Good job, but the GAR is 8 miles so I need to work on my mileage!!!

Here is a copy of my training schedule.  I have about 12 weeks till race day on February 15, 2016.  #icandothis

Comments