Skip to main content

Team Beachbody review

Do you need to lose weight?  Have you tried Beachbody?

Don’t worry this is not a sales pitch.  We all want to lose some weight and look better.  I know I wanted to lose some baby weight.  I started seeing people who used Beachbody on Facebook ads and got great results.  Is this real?  I was definitely intrigue and started following them.

Now before I continue, this is not a hate post!  I still support Beachbody, but only as a previous customer who had success with their products.  I was a paying Team Beachbody member and Beachbody coach since 2014 and decided to stop doing this about 2017.  I originally signed up as a coach after I lost 50 pounds postpartum doing 21 day fix.  I was so excited with my results I wanted to share it with the world!  Because of my success my coach recommend for me to become a coach so that I can benefit in the sales of my success!

I joined Beachbody coaching and started to promote their products on social media as directed by my online coach support group.  I receive training from other coaches and used their coach portal to run my health and fitness business.

In order to be a coach you need to pay x1 set up fee, monthly fee to be a coach which includes a website and portal and meet the quota of monthly purchases then you can get discounts. There are 2 types of coaches.  A discount coach signs up because they use the products and wants to get a discount, but does not want to sell it.  People who want to make money will sign up as a business coach and will brand themselves as a person who uses Beachbody and get customer to buy the products via their coach website and uses social media or live events to get customers. Good coaches will run online or live support groups after purchase to make sure their customers are using the products and gets results.  The business coach needs to continuously support their customers especially the ones who are successful with the products to show off their results and convince them to become coaches and sell the products and add more customers and coaches to the network.

I got up to Emerald Coach status, but I could not manage trying to be new charge nurse, mother, online health coach and hustle to get people to drink Shakeology and try Beachbody workouts.  It takes a lot of work to become a online marketer!   I decided to stop running the business and keep being a Beachbody discount coach for the discount.  I later realize I was spending too much money to be a coach.  When your a coach, you do not have to pay the full retail price for $130 Shakeology and workout videos.  I didn’t want to lose my emerald status I kept trying to buy my monthly Shakeology or Beachbody product because I was hoping I could still work the side hustle.  I was defiantly a sucker for all things Beachbody.   When I did my taxes, I never really made money doing the business and spend more money with all these workout out products and the quarterly Team Beachbody dues.

So I quit being a coach, changed my coach, but stayed being a Team Beachbody member which has a small discount. At least I was not required to buy something monthly. They started a new service called Beachbody on Demand which has exclusive videos. I thought the service was cool to watch all the trainers that I grew to admire, but then I felt it was humbug to sign on and connect online to do a workout. I guess I’m old school I like the videos and books!  I stop using the service because it was not convenient for me and I was busy with life. I still have and love all the Beachbody videos that I purchased and the 21 day fix portions.  I believe Beachbody works if you put the work in like me.  It has helped me with my weight loss and I will never take for granted the information I learn from it, but I will not recommend to sign up as a coach unless you have the time to run a business.

2014 vs 2018



Comments