Skip to main content

Keto Carnivore

Sorry for the lack of health updates on this blog.  I have been active on my Instagram.  I tried to do Keto last year and failed!  In the end I had preferred to do an intuitive carb cycling.  I usually avoid process food and snacking!  Since going back to work I’ve been leaning more to Low Carb/Keto.  I had gestational diabetes during pregnancy and my Hemoglobin A1C did creep up to 5.5 as of August 2019!  I want to make sure I do not become a diabetic!  So I started to track my net carbs on Carb Manager, but I didn’t want to mess up my milk supply.  When I went back to work I started to meal prep again and being more mindful of what carbs I was eating.  I did eat oatmeal, but cut back on bread, rice, sweets.  So far no problems with my breastfeeding!



I decided to try Keto Carnivore in October.   I was inspired to try this way of eating after meeting Arlene @selflovehawaii and Krystal @k3to.krysnica from the  @oahuketomeetup  Oahu Keto Meetup.  It was nice to be part of a community!  This kind of accountability helps me stick to the plan better!

Check out Carnivore Instagram Highlight to see how I did during the Carnivore challenge.  My starting weight was 146 and at the end of the 2 week challenge I was 142, so not bad!  Also my Hemoglobin A1C dropped to 5.2!  I felt so good after the challenge I pretty much started eating this way on a regular bases!

I have been using Keto Coach ketones meter to check if I am ketosis.  I would highly recommend this meter because it is easy to use.  I got a discount code from the Oahu Keto Meetup!

I would highly recommend Maria Emmerich The Carnivore Cookbook for detail information on why this lifestyle is awesome.  She also has many Keto cookbooks that are easy to follow!


Comments